What is Ringworm?
Ringworm is a skin infection which occurs due to a fungus. The term for ringworm in medical is known as tinea. The disorder is further named for the position of the body where the infection usually occurs. Although, there are numerous patches of ringworm on our skin at once. Ringworm is a most common fungal infection that might be a cause for red or silvery ring- like rashes on the skin. Ringworm’s mostly affects arms and legs, but it might appears almost anywhere on our body. Though, the name, ringworm doesn’t have anything to do with worms. Some other similar types of fungal infections can affect the scalp, feet and nails. These types of fungal infections are medically known as tinea, which are not serious and can be treated easily with anti-fungal medicines like our Q-Ring Lotion. However, they are contagious and can easily spread.
What Causes ringworm
Ringworm is especially common among children’s. However, it might affect the people of all ages. Ringworm is actually caused by different types of fungus, not a worm like the name suggests.
Many bacteria’s and fungus lives on our body. Out of these some are useful to our body, while others can cause infections. Actually, ringworm happens when a type of fungus called tinea grows and multiplies on the skin of our body.
Ringworm might affect’s the skin of our:
• Beard – known as tinea barbae
• Body – known as tinea corporis
• Feet – known as tinea pedis (also called athlete’s foot)
• Groin area – known as tinea cruris (also called jock itch)
• Scalp – known as tinea capitis
Ringworm can easily spread from one person to another. Ringworm might occurs if you touches some peoples who is already infected, or if you comes in contact with items which are contaminated by the fungus, such as combs, unwashed wearing, and surfaces of shower or pool. You might also catch ringworm from pets that carries the fungus. Cats and dogs are the most common carriers.
The fungus that causes ringworm actually grows in warm and moist areas. Ringworm is more likely occurred when you are wet (such as from sweating) and from minor injuries which we gets our skin, scalp, or nails.
Symptoms of Ringworm
These are the symptoms which are actually the cause for the ringworms are itchy, red, elevated, scaly patches which might blister and ooze. The patches usually tend to have sharply-defined edges. This may look like a ring. If ringworm affects our hair, we might have bald patches. If ringworm affects our nail becomes discolored, thick, and even crumble.
To care from ringworm:
• You should keep your skin clean and dry.
• You should apply over-the-counter anti-fungal lotions or drying powders, lotions, or creams which comprise miconazole, clotrimazole, or similar components like our Q-Ring Lotions and Marham Rahat.
• Don’t wear clothes which rub against and irritate the affected area.
• Wash or change your bed sheets and nightclothes every day while you are infected.
Your health care provider might prescribe pills to treat the fungus if you have:
• An unadorned case of ringworm
• Ringworm which keeps coming back or which lasts for a long time
• Ringworm in your hairs
You may need medicines like Q-Ring Lotion and Marham Rahat, which are stronger as compared to other products. You might also need some antibiotics to treat yourself with different types of skin infections from strep or staph which are usually caused by scratching the affected area.
Prevention of Ringworm
• You must keep your body’s skin and feet clean and dry.
• Shampoo your hairs habitually, particularly after haircuts.
• Do not share your wearied clothes, towels, combs, headgear, hairbrushes, or several types of personal care items. The items after the use should be thoroughly cleaned and dried after use.
• You should prefer to wear shoes at gyms, lockers, and pools.
• Avoid yourself touching pets with bald spots.
Treatments of Ringworm
Amaria pharmacy brought out an effective product the treatment of ringworm:
Q-Ring Lotion- it is an anti-fungal lotion for the treatment of ringworm. It is also used for itches and eczema. It is the guaranteed medicine for ringworm which takes to cure ringworm within 1-3 days.
Marham Rahat- it is used to cure the ringworms which occurs on the face. It is an antiseptic herbal cream which is also used for treating acne, pimples and other face problems.