What is Constipation?
Constipation is a common condition where people find it difficult to have bowel movements. Bowel movements may be too hard, difficult to pass, or infrequent. Constipation is generally described as having fewer than three bowel movements a week. It is something we may all have gone through at some point in time, but we find it hard to discuss about it. Still, we’ll feel much better when our system is back on track.
Some people think that they are constipated if they don’t have a bowel movement every day. Conversely, people can have different bowel movement patterns. Some people might have three bowel movements a day. Other people may only have three bowel movements a week, which usually results in constipation.
Constipation is common among all ages and populations in all over the world, yet certain people are most likely to become constipated, including women’s particularly during pregnancy or after giving birth, older adults, people taking medicines to treat depression, people who just had surgery or to relieve pain from things such as a broken bone, a pulled tooth, or back pain, etc.
Symptoms of Constipation
• stool that becomes painful or difficult to pass
• Swollen abdomen or abdominal pain
• Hard or small stools
• Irritability, lack of interest in work, mood swings, worry and embarrassment.
• Vomiting, Weight loss, Feeling uncomfortable, Diarrhea, loss of appetite
Causes of Constipation
• delayed emptying of the colon from pelvic disorders, especially in women
• Problems with the nerves and muscles in the digestive system
• Diets low in fiber
• Lack of physical activity
• Life changes or daily routine changes
• Ignoring the urge to have a bowel movement
• Certain health problems
• Gastrointestinal (GI) tract problems
• Weakened pelvic muscles
• Narrowing of the colon
• Bowel obstruction
When to see doctor
• You have blood in your stool
• Constipation is a new problem for you
• You have severe pain with bowel movements
• Constipation which lasted more than two weeks
• You are losing weight however you are not dieting
• You are having pencil-thin stools
Medications for Constipation
As we very well knows that certain kinds of medicines and pain killers can brings our system to a halt and which causes constipation. Even certain vitamin, mineral, and iron could also cause such type of problems.
Constipation can be of different kinds such as occasional constipation, travel-related constipation, age-related constipation, chronic constipation, and pregnancy related constipation. These problems sound very much painful and just so you don’t have to experience them first-hand, Amaria pharmacy had brought out a bunch of products that’ll put your system back on track in no time.
Some of the products are as follows:
Gasserel Churan – it is highly effective in different types of Constipation, Indigestion, Gastric Troubles, Liver Disorders, Acidity, Piles and Urinary Diseases.
Gasserel syrup – it is a liquid which is also highly effective for indigestion, Constipation, Acidity, Gastric Troubles, Piles and Liver Disorders and for other stomach related problems.
Capsules Gasserel – it is in the form of capsules used for the type of disorders such as Constipation, Gastric Troubles, Piles, Acidity, indigestion, Urinary Diseases, and Liver Disorders.